Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Addiction to Facebook Games

The first step to recovering from an addiction is stop the denial. I am in dire need of a 12 step program for the games on Facebook. I am sure I am not the only one, as most of the games I play require your friends to play along and I would say 50% of my friends list plays, at the very least, one game on Facebook.

What is it about these games that has me setting alarms to check my crops in Farmville? Or to feed or sell my fish in Fishville to reach the next level before they die. I have built a huge amusement park trying to gain as many visitors as possible and I am only 1 level away from being in the first spot. And I will set as many alarms as possible to ensure I get to that level. Now if that isn't an addiction, I do not know what is.

Im not even sure if I would be addicted to these games if I had not been off work for the last 3 months. I am grateful for these games, as they have helped me pass the time while I have been bed ridden. Will I continue to play these games when I am well again and return to work? I do not know, maybe, I cannot say for sure.

All I know is that my crops, fish, animals, amusement park, cities, pets have become a fixture in my day to day life and it doesn't seem like they have any plans of every leaving. I may have to hire a help to get rid of them...lol...as I am sure I will have great difficulty walking away from them. This is how bad the addiction is. LOL.

I have even gone as far as adding my name to special lists to get more friends on my list so I can further my progress in certain games. Which is comforting to some extent, as it makes me feel less alone in this crazy addiction. It is like hanging out in a crack house with fellow crack users...lol.

Well before I get too carried away with this blog entry I need to return to the crack house I call Facebook and check on my crops, food, fish, etc before I start experiencing the horrible pains of withdrawl...lol

2 comments:

  1. I'm trying to get over an addiction to them too. Still playing a couple. It is aggravating cause they take half an hour to load or sometimes more. I gave up on a couple cause I got fed up with having to restart my computer to get rid of them after it froze up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Laura,

    I wish I had the problem of slow load up time, I probably would not have the patience. Do you have a favorite?

    Miss Candy

    ReplyDelete