Monday, April 4, 2011

The Ultimate Blog Party 2011 #UBP11 - Party Post

Ultimate Blog Party 2011

My name is Candi. I am a 40 year old, single mother of a beautiful 22 year old daughter.
I was a teenage single mom at the age of 17, it wasn't an easy journey,
but the end result is a daughter, that has grown into an amazing young woman, I must have did something right. I love sharing my experiences, adventures & journey I took as a teenage single mom in my blog.

I am also a proud advocate for changing the stigma attached to mental health. I have been diagnosed with depression & find it very therapeutic to share my story with others. Being depressed isn't something I have ever been ashamed of, and in sharing my story I hope others feel less alone & inspired to share their stories too, and hopefully, feel less ashamed.

I love sharing anything & everything that crosses my path & impacts me in some way, be it inspiring, sad, funny or just random thoughts, my blog is a smorgasbord of topics.

Interested in learning more? Click on either the Twitter or Facebook button on the toolbar at the bottom of this page. I look forward to meeting many more bloggers.

13 comments:

  1. Hi Candy! Stopping by from the UBP and am enjoying your blog! I started my blog when I was diagnosed with postpartum depression/anxiety/OCD. I still blog about that and anything else that pops out. Stop by anytime -- the door's always open :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking back to our retro years, memories can never be complete without Rock Candy Swizzle Sticks that made much of our moments sweeter. The delectable confection is made from cane sugar and mounted on a 6-inch stick—just perfect to become stirrers for your coffee or tea. These sugar substitute are in bright colors: pink, blue, red, lime green, royal blue, and light blue among others. Afternoon parties or vintage-themed events will never be the same with these stick candies completely showered with every fruit or modern flavors such as cotton candy and rootbeer. So don’t end your meal without this feast finisher. Get your bulk orders to help everyone with a bite of the yesteryears!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, Candi. Nice to "meet" you! I'm stopping by from UBP2011. I really liked your "101 ways to make people laugh". I hope you have a nice day:)
    Dimitra from greenceramictablelamp.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi i'm ur new follower from http://amomhelpingmoms.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! Visiting from UBP11! Nice to meet you! http://mylittlebitoflife.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Candi! Nice to meet you. I have a friend going through depression right now, I don't know how to help. I look forward from hearing more from you. I have 2 kiddos, I'm a homeschooling mom, pastors wife, a pro athlete that hates to workout LOL.. I also write a fitness blog, but I LOVE fried fatty foods. You can read more about us in my party post
    http://www.fitmomsfitkidsclub.com/2011/03/time-to-party-the-ultimate-blog-party-2011-is-here/
    Stop by to say hello!

    ReplyDelete
  7. following you from Following Canadian hop. New gfc friend/fb. Mrs. Shopper @http://simplyshopandsave.ca

    ReplyDelete
  8. We LOVE your blog! we are Thrilled to say we are your newest followers and {blog} friends! my sister and I just created a blog and would LOVE for you to come take a peek and let us know what you think. Don't forget to follow us and become our newest {blog} friends as well;)
    trulie-scrumptious.blogspot.com
    mitchandroz.blogspot.com (family blog)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think it's great that you're trying to change that mental health stigma. Good for you!

    I'm a new follower from the Ultimate Blog Party. Nice to meet you! Hope you can stop by and say hi. :)

    Wife on the Roller Coaster

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you everyone for visiting my blog! Im so excited to be meeting so many other amazing bloggers. Looking forward to reading each of your blogs. Have a great day. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Miss Candy, stopping by from UBP! I'm a single mom as well. It sounds like you are doing much good with your blog... an inspiration to many!

    My UBP post: http://www.singlemominthesouth.com/2011/04/im-late-for-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi! I'm following you from B.M.B.F!
    I hope you visit me and return the
    follow:0)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This was a truly inspiring read. I love it!

    ReplyDelete