Saturday, April 16, 2011

Return To Work In The New Future: Change is Good!


I saw my therapist on Thursday after a bit of an absence. It felt good to get back in the routine of seeing her every week, and I will continue to do so for the next 8 weeks, as I plan to return to work, first on a part time basis, gradually working back to my full time basis. I suffered a little regression with this absence from my therapist & a little bit of work needs to be done to get me back on track.

Im looking forward to returning to work. Yes, I am a little nervous, but, who wouldn't be. It has been 8 months since I have been off work. I wasn't even off this long when I had my hysterectomy. The length of this absence is what has me nervous about returning. There is no reason that this should have taken this long. Unfortunately, my hands were tied, and most of my time on disability was waiting for approvals, I would say 50% of the time, was due to this.

None the less, I am looking forward to getting back to the day to day activities in the office. My team is the most amazing, creative, smart group of women and just being around them on a daily basis, always makes me strive to be better, smarter & more creative. I truly have missed that daily inspiration.

I am sure a lot has changed since I have been off. We have elected a new mayor. It will be interesting to see what kind, if any, changes have been made in our group & department, due to this. Before I left we had hired a few more staff members, I didn't get a chance to work with them or really get to know them, I wonder how they have adapted within our team. All in all, I know I will be facing a lot of change upon my return, but change is good from where I am sitting right now. I am ready, with open arms, for change.

7 comments:

  1. happy for you! i know your team is waiting for your comeback :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's amazing that you have such a supportive team at work. Mine work environment is the opposite. Good for going back to therapy.

    Now following you. Would love if you could stop by and follow me too.
    http://fuegitabonita.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful news about returning to work

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Miss Candy, I think a green 'Versatile Blogger Award' would look awesome on your blog don't you? Well shake a leg and come and pick it up at: http://gardengatewares.blogspot.com
    Keep writing! Elizabeth.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Followed you here from FMBT, hope you can follow me back…

    http://www.8myall.com/fmbt-first-meme/

    Just for a Thought
    My Prince  Macoi
    Trying Hard Techie
    Emotera
    My All

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Truly awesome! The whole going back to work thing can be a stressful matter. I've been off for almost 8 years...yeah I know, long time...been through some rough stuff, but I am going back to school any time now & I am so excited. It's great that you have such a supportive team! I'm really happy for you!
    ~CC
    I'm not Crazy! I'm Bipolar.
    http://notcrazyimbipolar.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Change is good. How great you must feel to be going back...

    I am a new follower, I write the blog My Journey With Candida where I tell all devastating things candida has done to my body and how I am trying to heal.

    Would love to have you come by... I need all the support I can get at this point. It has been a long road and I am finally seeing light at the end of the tunnel.

    ReplyDelete