Tuesday, February 2, 2010

My 2010 Oscar Predications

I love the movies. I watch all movies, even the bad ones. Im the type who likes to base my own opinion on movies than trusting the critics. Alot of the time I agree with the critics, but there are times when we are on the opposite page.

Its that time of year, Oscar time. I love the Academy Awards! Gives me the opportunity to root for some of my favorite movies of the year. The Academy did not disappoint this year. This is probably the first year that I agree with ALL of the nominations. It is going to make it hard for me to choose who I think is going to win. Not only will I share who I think is going to win, but I will share who I want to win. I will put the word WILL next to the ones that I think will win and will put the word WANT next to the ones I want to win. Here we go:

Best Picture:

Avatar (WILL & WANT)
Inglourious Basterds
Up in the Air
The Hurt Locker
Precious
Up
An Education
A Serious Man
The Blind Side
District 9

Best Director:

Kathryn Bigelow, The Hurt Locker
James Cameron, Avatar (WILL)
Jason Reitman, Up in the Air
Quentin Tarantino, Inglourious Basterds (WANT)
Lee Daniels, Precious

Best Actor:

Jeff Bridges, Crazy Heart
George Clooney, Up in the Air
Morgan Freeman, Invictus (WILL & WANT)
Colin Firth, A Single Man
Jeremy Renner, The Hurt Locker

Best Actress:

Meryl Streep, Julie & Julia
Sandra Bullock, The Blind Side (WILL)
Carey Mulligan, An Education
Helen Mirren, The Last Station
Gabourey Sidibe, Precious (WANT)

Best Supporting Actor:

Christoph Waltz, Inglourious Basterds
Stanley Tucci, The Lovely Bones
Christopher Plummer, The Last Station (WILL)
Woody Harrelson, The Messenger
Matt Damon (Invictus)(WANT)

Best Supporting Actress:

Mo'Nique, Precious (WILL & WANT)
Anna Kendrick, Up in the Air
Vera Farmiga, Up in the Air
Penelope Cruz (Nine)
Maggie Gyllenhaal, Crazy Heart

Best Adapted Screenplay:

An Education, Nick Hornby (WILL)
District 9, Neill Blomkamp and Terri Tatchell
Precious, Geoffrey Fletcher (WANT)
Up in the Air, Jason Rietman and Sheldon Turner
In the Loop, Jesse Armstrong, Simon Blackwell, Armando Iannucci and Tony Roche

Best Original Screenplay:

THe Hurt Locker, Mark Boal (WILL)
Inglorious Basterds, Quentin Tarantino (WANT)
A Serious Man, Joel and Ethan Coen
Up, Bob Peterson and Pete Docter
The Messenger, Alessandro Camon and Oren Moverman

Animated Feature:

Coraline
Fantastic Mr. Fox
The Princess and the Frog
The Secret of Kells
Up (WILL & WANT)

Miss Candy

No comments:

Post a Comment