The devastation in Haiti has been on the fore front of everyone's mind lately, including mine. I have cried, prayed and rejoiced, day by day, hour by hour and minute by minute. Once again I am overwhelmed with emotion on how the world has come together to do the best they can to help this, almost non existent, area rise from the ashes. I have witnessed God's best work at hand during this disaster.
One group of ladies has impressed me the most and they are the women behind #YYC4HAITI. @that_angela, @C_DIG, @alex_ruiz took Twitter by storm and have put an amazing event together to raise fund for relief in Haiti. I have followed these ladies tweets to early hours in the morning as they prepare for this amazing events. Visit the #YYC4HAITI site to see all of the hard work they have put in to this http://yyc4haiti.com/main. I promise you these women have put their entire heart and soul into this event and I give you ladies a standing ovation for all your hard work.
Here is a description of the event that I borrowed from the invite on Facebook:
Join us at YYC4Haiti, the biggest charity Tweetup Calgary has ever seen!
January 28 2010, Flames Central is hosting Calgary's fundraising event for the Canadian Red Cross Haiti Relief. Emcee Steve Pollard will be your host to an historic evening of FUN, ENTERTAINMENT, AMAZING PRICES and let's not forget our main goal: RAISING tons of MONEY for the people of Haiti!
● Free entrance, donations accepted
● Calgary Flames - Phoenix Coyotes on Pay Per View
● $5, $10 and $20 Raffle tickets, hard not to win anything!
● Fantastic prices to win, generously donated by our sponsors
● Have your pictures taken with one of the Cheerleaders of the Calgary Roughnecks Drill Crew or the Calgary Outriders!
● Live streaming video
● Did we mention that we're going to have A BLAST?!
Our $15,000 Grand Price for the evening has been donated by Strategic Group of Calgary!
A destination package to beautiful Kelowna, B.C., this spring.
The prize includes:
● Four days and four nights at the Okanagan Delta Grand Royal Private Residence Club, May 6-9, 2010 – coinciding with Okanagan Wine Festival
● 3,000-sq-ft waterfront villa
● Suite sleeps six comfortably – all rooms have king-size beds and views of the waterfront
● Kitchen, dining room and all amenities of home
● Brunch for up to six people at the Grand Bay Cafe
● Return flight for two to Kelowna, via WestJet
Strategic Group is one of Alberta’s largest private owners and developers of commercial real estate. The company owns 71 properties which equal approximately 4.5 million sq. ft. of space, including office buildings, shopping centres, industrial facilities, residential units and development projects.
If you don't win the Grand Prize, you can still try your luck with our Second Price!
Round trip airfare to anywhere WestJet flies, generously donated by WestJet!
Where do you want to go?
● Bridgetown, Barbados
● Montego Bay, Jamaica
● Nassau, Bahamas
● Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
● Or visit www.westjet.ca to view all their destinations!
The caring and dedicated nature of their people is what makes WestJet a different kind of airline!
And we have tons of other FANTASTIC prizes you can win either by raffle ticket or auction:
● Autographed Calgary Flames Jerseys
● Calgary Flames tickets
● Lift tickets for Resorts of the Canadian Rockies
● Prints and artwork
● Fitness memberships
● Event tickets
● Photography sessions
● Many many more! Visit www.yyc4haiti.com for a list of all the items
We hope to see you January 28, 2010! The biggest fundraising event in Western Canada!
I am so proud to be a Calgarian. If you want to attend this event RSVP on Facebook here: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=294505628046&ref=ts